"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Saturday, April 28, 2012

This blog is mostly about places and things and people I meet.  Coincidentally, it will keep people posted about where I am and where I hope to be going next.  For instance, the bike (a 2009 BMW G650GS) is on board a Carlisle Freight truck from Anchorage to Tacoma, Washington right now.  My plan is to pick it up Thursday, May 4, and ride it up to Oak Harbor to spend the weekend with good friends to celebrate my wife's birthday.  On Monday, May 7, the bike and I head south with the goal of attending Overland Expo 2012.  After the Expo ends on May 21 or so, we, the bike and I, head back to Anchorage and home.

Along the way I plan on testing some equipment, some techniques, some food, and just relaxing and riding through the Western U.S.  I also hope to learn a great deal.  About the bike, about riding, about the equipment I have selected and need to select, about myself, and about the wonderful people who live and work and play along the route. I will try to post about the bike, its equipment, the other equipment on the bike, and all the gear.  I also will try to post some photos along the way of the route, the scenes, the people, the food, gear, and the weather.  Can't leave home without the weather.  So before the ride starts, I will try to post more information abut the bike, equipment and proposed route, and link a SPOT messenger widget to the blog so I can be easily tracked.

No comments:

Post a Comment