"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Texas

  The drive across Texas on 82 was simply that: a drive across history, beautiful open country, and the smell of oil. Yes, from time to time, near the operating well heads, you can smell the crude oil. I'm sure an experienced oilman can tell you which field from which the crude came, just by the smell. 








  I spent the night in Wichita Falls, not so much a quaint little town anymore, and then headed for Lubbock. 

  It was on the road (82) to Lubbock where I had my closest call do far. 82 was a divided highway at that point. A fellow driving his pickup in the oncoming lane turned left in front of me. And stopped. He was blocking all the right lane, in which I was traveling, and half the left lane. Those lane change exercises they teach in the basic motorcycle course are worthwhile. 





No comments:

Post a Comment