"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Boots

Romaniac wanted to know what type of boot I was wearing. Here they are:



They are Sidi Adventure boots, among the top adventure boots on the market. See the heel counter? There is a gap between the counter and the hinged armor piece above it. That is where the bike struck the back of my leg, snapping the top of the fibula forward and away from the bottom of the fibula. 

The surgery, done two weeks ago tomorrow, reduced the fracture and secured it with a plate and some screws. It was all doing well until I fell last Saturday and the broken ankle was trapped and was twisted again. It hurt like I had broken it all over again. It is better, and now the only discomfort I'm noticing is a sore place where the cast is rubbing and what feels like might be the incision. 

The next doctor appointment is Monday, July 20, and I hope to get a walking cast then. 


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your crash, Dan. Best wishes.

    -Darrel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to find fault with Sidi boots. Somehow I had envisioned the force to have come from the front. Guess I should have paid more attention to the X-rays. Get better. Start working on that Subaru. Once you get proficient at changing the head-gasket on the side of the road you'll be good to go.

    ReplyDelete