"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Friday, August 14, 2015

The Vespa

As Romaniac points out, the doctor said he didn't want to know anything about me riding a Vespa. He then put his fingers in his ears and walked out of the exam room singing "La-la-la-la-la" very loudly. 

So I took the Vespa for a ride and went shopping. 


People look at me funny when they see the cane and the cast. Why?


I can't drive a car because of the cast, but the Vespa only has hand controls. Don't need my feet!  Well, except when I stop. Since Meredith is in Portland for the weekend, I have to forage. 


Buttermilk bars, my friends, from Dino's Donuts. Excellent. Breakfast of all who agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  Except champions, who only eat cereal. Cereal, donuts. Donuts, cereal. I'm goin' with the donuts. 

And then there is dinner from Quickie Burgers, conveniently located in the parking lot of a head shop, where every passer-by greets you effusively, if ineffectively, due to whatever mind-altering substance they've ingested. I think Spenard "legalized" marijuana maybe 50 years ago, and the rest of the world is just now catching up. 


Enforced inactivity is not good for me. I'm missing being outdoors and able to do for myself. It has dragged me down and fattened me up, and that's not good for me either. But soon I will be off the crutches and canes, and walking freely. Got to get moving again. 






1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine why the looked at you funny.

    Buttermilk bars look good!

    ReplyDelete