"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tentative Route in Europe and Morocco

The bike is going to Bremerhaven, Germany, and I will pick it up there.  From Bremerhaven, hopefully using mostly A and B class roads, I will head southwest to Luxembourg, France and Spain via the Basque country.  I want to start the trip officially in Lisbon, as it is on the West Coast of Europe, but time may not permit that.  The Bremerhaven shipment point has added at least 5 days (1600 - 1700 miles) onto the beginning of the trip, so I will have to make that up somewhere.  

From Lisbon I intend to travel south to the Algarve and along the coast until I can ferry to Morocco.  The Morocco route is to Rabat, Casablanca, Marrakech, Fez, and back to the Med to catch a ferry back to Spain (perhaps Malaga).  

I will ride the coast up to Nice in France, with a few deviations to points of interest on the way.  From Nice I take the ferry to Corsica, thence to Sardinia, thence to Sicily, and finally Italy.  Up the east coast of Italy to Milan and Biella to visit, then out of Italy via Trieste and down the Dalmatian Coast to Greece.  

From Greece (the Acropolis) to Turkey and particularly Cappadocia.  I will leave Turkey via its Northeast to Georgia, and then into Azerbaijan to Baku.  The Central Asia portion of the trip begins when I leave Baku.  I plan on being in Baku no later than June 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment