"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Friday, March 28, 2014

More on Communications

I decided to get a satellite phone.  It will make it will make it easier for the NSA to track me, and as we all know, anything we can do to help the GWOT is our duty to do.

Just kidding.  I don't give a fig for the GWOT or the NSA.

There was a sale on Iridium Extreme sat phones at The Great Alaska Sportsmen's Show, so for 10% off, I bought one and have it charged and ready to go.  Write this number down:

881631574414

That is it.  It costs about a buck a minute, so I'm not keen on discussing your lumbago or last dental exam.  However, I'm always happy to read an email about every little thing that crosses your mind.

Just kidding, fig, etc.

Still working the cell phone piece of the puzzle.

1 comment:

  1. My wife spent a lot of time figuring out the phone thing in Romania last fall. She ended up with a nice Samsung for $70 and a $10 SIM card. You can buy all Euro SIMs or buy country by country. Everyone seemed to agree that Orange has the best plans in eastern europe. Vodaphone not so good. Don't know if you can shove a SIM card in an iPhone.

    ReplyDelete