"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Monday, February 23, 2015

Russian Visa Application and Mosko Moto

I sent off my Russian Visa Application this morning.  It took about 3 often frustrating hours yesterday to complete the on-line application.  The on-line application is abundantly clear, but my data entry skills have declined since I left the work force.  I guess I read more now than I type.  Regardless, after having my photos made this morning, I FedEx'd the materials and a passport to the agency in Atlanta that provides the introductions, etc.  Once again, I must applaud David Burghof at STANtours for the excellent service he provides.

Tomorrow I head to Portland so I can visit Mosko Moto -- makers of what appears to be excellent soft luggage.  I have ordered and received their Backcountry 40 Rear Duffle to replace the 40 liter duffle I have been using.  I am very impressed with the quality and design of this duffle.  The "beaver tail" feature will be very useful, and the inclusion of the Molle system attachment points will provide versatility that the standard waterproof duffle cannot.  The pannier system has a rigid back panel, and so it doesn't droop or sag like my saddlebag type Magadan Bags.


The bottom plate mounts to the pannier or luggage rack, and the upper plate is mounted to the bag itself.  The bag also has a stiffening material in the back which, when used in connection with the mounting plates, helps the bag keep its shape, and not droop.  The links above will take you to the site and provide photo examples of what I am trying to explain.

The bags also have an internal roll-top water proof bag to keep the contents water and dust free.  My experience has taught that a system with an internal roll-top bag is the way to go.  I am looking forward to looking at these up close.


No comments:

Post a Comment