"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Roswell, New Mexico

  I'm in a State campground about 12 miles from Roswell. There is a lake with a day use area, and that was full when I pulled in. But I found a bit of quiet in which to make and eat dinner. 


  I think I'm a pretty fancy camper because I have a sleeping bag with a pocket for my air mattress. That's top shelf stuff. But here they have 5th wheel trailers with slide-outs, and Dish-TV antennas and portable septic tanks and tripod stands to put the 5th wheel pointless on and the topper?  Rope lights under the perimeter of the thing so people won't walk into the huge white house on wheels in the dark. 

  But back to the night skies on Roswell. Here is my tent in the dark.


  Get the idea?  There is a cloud layer at less than 10,000 feet. Off over Roswell, I see a bright light in the sky. It's moving towards me. Yessss. This is what I came for!  It's moving medium fast, from my right to left. Pretty soon though, I see the blinking beacons of a civilian aircraft. Darn it, not a UFO. But wait!  I can't hear it!! Yessss, it's a UFO!  It passes me, my person in near rapture, a UFO and I've only been here a few hours!  I'm pretty confident that if I stay here a week or two, I can solve the entire deal. 

  However, after it passes, I hear the sound of a jet engine. 

  I am devastated. Was this the nightly fly-by put on by the Chamber of Commerce?  I don't know, but off to the south is an eery chemical glow, and off to the north I hear engines of SOME KIND circling-but there aren't any lights!

  I think I'll stay up for awhile and see what happens. Who knows. I may get lucky. But getting lucky does not mean getting probed. 

1 comment:

  1. Just say no to probes.

    Actually, I'm just commenting so you know someone is following along and reading the blog. I know other people are reading, they just aren't commenting. They are losers. (I'm talking to you Sandi!)

    ReplyDelete