"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Trans-Missouri Ride

  It started out raining by the time I finally left at 11:30, and rained intermittently for the first 100 miles or so.  But the nice thing was that riding on dried out the outer gear.  I never had to snap in the water proof liners.  They would have steamed me.  But the temps were in the 80s, the coolest day so far.  The humidity, however, was up.  You didn't need water to steam the broccoli, just put it in a pan and set it outside.

  I turned North off the highway at a community named Linn, and followed State 100 into St. Louis.  It's called the Lewis and Clark Trail, and was appropriately beautiful.  A perfect road for motorcycles.  Also important was that 100 turned into Manchester Ave., which took me very close to Ben and Erika's place.  I arrived about 7:12, and Ben treated me to the Best Roast Chicken Ever.  Erika's pickled peach and red onion salad with mint was also in the Best Ever category.

I fell asleep full as a tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment