"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dubrovnik

In the campground, I first met 5 German bikers. They were hilarious. One of them had a problem with his green card (auto insurance papers) at the Serbian border, which resulted in some detention, however brief. They were assuaging the "horror" with beer. Lots of beer. From them I obtained some advice about, and an old map of, Albania. 

Next I met Jon and Chris, two quite mad Englishmen on a one year moto adventure on two KTM 990 Adventures. Jon has a blog at Jonwilmot.wordpress.com. They are about seven months into the twelve, and it seems that mostly they fix things. They even have a soldering iron, which brings me to the lust of things they did on my (still unnamed and yearning for a christening) bike:

Repaired the ABS switch wiring broken at the dealership that installed the bar risers. 
Found and soldered the fault in the auxiliary light switch. 
Installed the Scorpio Ride alarm that Meredith brought me. 
Pointed out the missing bolt on the skid plate which had fallen out because the captive nut had stripped. 

We fiddled with the bike all day.  Chris worked:


Jon supervised (he's older):


Both are really great guys, and I am grateful for their help and wish them the best in their trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment