"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Friday, May 2, 2014

The Ferry

 This thing is huge. 


That's just part of the rear. The thing approached the harbor head on, then turned and backed in alongside the quay. Very interesting maneuver. It has two control stations aft right near the stern on each side. I presume at least one controls the stern thrusters. 

All the bikes got on in a hodge-podge.  So much for getting there early!  Well at least I'm aboard and inside where it is dry. 

It rained and stormed most of the way across. I had a reserved seat but lost it to a family.   Still, I was okay and found a place or two to hunker down. 

By the time we got to Corsica, the weather improved. The unloading of the ferry was a goat rope of humongous scope. I finally adopted the French motorcyclist's philosophy and gunned it between the lines of cars, used a sidewalk, and cleared the harbor. Unfortunately, I had to come back through several minutes later because I turned the wrong way!

I'm in camp, it's going to rain, and my second level attempt to repair the air mattress has failed. This is going to call for extraordinary measures. Well, at least finding a store that sells them, and buying one. Big Agnes has let me down for the last time!


3 comments:

  1. A pox on Agnes and all of her ilk.

    How long was the crossing? That's a might big boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fut le grande Agnes et sa filles putain.

    ReplyDelete