"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Quick Update

I have been in Göreme for the last several days touring Cappadocia.  While here, I have been pondering the issue of tire replacement, coming up soon, say 1000 miles.  That distance puts me in Uzbekistan or thereabouts.  My plan has been to replace the tires in Baku, Azerbaijan, but I can't get any info on availability there of the tires I need.  I know there must be some, but I can't find them.  The language barrier is raised.

So, because I am a belt-AND-suspenders type of guy, I decided to get the tires here in Turkey, mount them, and take the tires with about 1000 miles left on them as back-ups in case I need them along the way.  I can get a better price here, and the only other cost is the weight on the back of the bike (plus the appearance that makes me look like a member of the Beverly Hillbillies.

That means I will be here for a few more days, which is not bad at all.  For instance, I will be able to catch up on the blog!  How did I get here?  What did I see on the way?  What did I see while here?  Where will I go next?

No comments:

Post a Comment