"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

First Minutes In Georgia

After I left the hotel, I headed towards Batumi. Today I would navigate by road sign only, as I had no maps, either paper or on the GPS, for Georgia. I stopped a little way down the road to exchange my Turkish money for Georgian Lari, and to buy water. There was also a baker there "baking" his bread inside a beehive type oven. I ordered a loaf (less than 50 cents) and while it was cooking, I watched this cow stopping and slowing traffic. 


While waiting for the bread, four boys struck up a conversation. They tried to teach me hello, how are you, what is your name, etc. in Georgian. Epic fail. But I gave them half my loaf (they were waiting for a loaf too) for their efforts. Nice kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment