"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Oh, The Insult!

Riding with my face shield up, looking for a hotel (rode through three thunder showers and the sky is as black as the inside of the Earl of Hell's vest pocket. No camping tonight when I'm already wet). I make a u-turn to get out of the dodgy end of town. WHAP! Didn't see that tree branch!  Hit me right in the right eye. I'm wearing my glasses, but it still smarts. 

I think to myself, I better put that thing down. . .  SPLASH!!  Oncoming traffic hit a puddle and filled my helmet with mudpuddle water. I'm still wearing my glasses, but I have to stop to clean glasses, outside of face shield, and inside of face shield. 

I'm sure there is a lesson in that somewhere. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment