"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fairy Chimney Inn

I know that several (3) of you get up every morning and read this blog to see where I spent the night. Tonight, I am in the Fairy Chimney Inn, in Göreme. If you look on your map of Turkey, and find Nevsehir, Göreme is 12 km northeast. This is the heart of Capadocia. 

My room. 




The little door leads to the bathroom, the large doors are the closet. 



Nothing says security like a couple of two-by-fours. 

From the terrace. 




The entrance. 



I need to clean the lens on the iPhone. Sorry. 

Göreme is at or near the bottom of a valley. As you approach from the top, it looks like the Badlands in Montana/Wyoming. But it quickly shows it's own identity. We may have Hoo-Doos in Bryce Canyon and thereabouts, but people don't carve houses into them. This is otherworldly. 










1 comment:

  1. Not every morning, but definitely every evening Dan! Do you see the comments?

    Very cool place, and what a view. I'm glad the motorcycle straightened out!

    ReplyDelete