"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Saturday, June 6, 2015

At BWI Airport


Ready to travel. However, British Airways doesn't open their counter for another four hours. I must amuse myself in the back hallways of the main terminal because the international terminal has nothing land side of security but restrooms. Not being a congressman, I can't find amusement in those. 

But the people watching is slightly above average. I can see a Dunkin Donut down the hall, and it's interesting to see the type of people who exclaim their joy when they see it too. One is now sitting cross legged on the floor now, not too far away, with her family all about. They each clutch a large drink, and at least one bag from Dunkin, feeding vigorously and licking their fingers frequently. And what sharp teeth they have!  Thankfully there is no rare beef involved, thereby saving us all from the splatter of shredded meat and blood. There is more than a passing resemblance to the family with whom Harry Potter spent his younger years, the Dursleys.  

Then there is the little man who is height, but not girth, challenged who has twice passed by wearing a teeshirt advertising a strip club, with the requisite picture of a stripper working the pole. Why would you wear that anywhere except maybe to a fish camp in the bayou?  Advertising for strip clubs used to be limited to paper matchbook covers and glossy magazines in hotel rooms. The world has changed around me and I didn't notice until now. 

Several Naval Academy Midshipmen around too. My, they are young. I hope they all remain safe, but it is a dangerous world. And made more so by the congressmen referenced above. However, since this is not a political blog, I won't say more. 

There is so much more going on, but I will save those stories for later. The Dursleys are still there, with crumbs visible on the floor around them. But since they are staying with their luggage, I can't report them to the TSA. They get off, this time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment