"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Battery Is In, Bike Is Running

The battery went in, then came out, then went in (repeat several times) and finally was hooked up and the engine turned right over.  I went over the machine and tightened up a few bolts (those major frame bolts are always wanting to work loose), and put it all back together.  I rode it back to Biy Ordo with no problems, although the front end seems loose to me.  probably because it only has the front panniers on it and no weight in the rear.

The bike is looking well used.  Outside storage did not do it any favors.  The chain needs to be hand oiled, and I will do that in the morning when I can get it out to a gas station and refuel.  Likewise it needs air in the front tire, another reason the steering is off.  After fuel, air, and oiling the chain, it will be good for another few thousand kilometers.

The inReach will be active starting tomorrow, so you can follow along as I head into the interior of Kyrgyzstan.  It is supposed to be a beautiful ride, and I am looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. "Issyk Kul here I come!" (sung to the tune of "California here I come!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, did you send the inReach link?

    ReplyDelete