"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Doing Time In Osh

The weather in Osh has been sunny and hot, and I am thankful for the air conditioner in my room.  I have visited the bike, and it is ready as soon as the battery arrives.  I've shopped, added staples to my load, such as rice, dried soups and canned fish (!), and everything is packed in the bags ready to slap on the bike and go.  Which brings us back to the battery.

The battery was delivered to DHL in Anchorage on Friday.  It sat at DHL over the weekend, and did not leave Anchorage until Monday afternoon.  It eventually went to England, where they transferred it back and forth between Heathrow and the Midlands sort facility a few times, then put it on a plane for Germany yesterday at 10:59.  It got to Frankfurt, then was transferred to Leipzig to be sorted again, and then arrived in Bergamo, Italy at 3:37 this morning, where, as far as I can tell, it still sits.  If you want to tag along, you can follow the airbill number, 2193827565, as DHL gets the battery more air miles than I fly in a year.  In fact, I wish I could get the frequent flyer miles this thing is flying.

But I'm not uncomfortable where I am, and these things happen. It will not get here any sooner than the time it takes to get here, so I plan to relax and wait for it.  I have looked at some possible routes to ride, and I will write more about that later, plus post some pictures from around Osh.  I went to the bazaar this morning, about 2 kilometers away, and had a good time strolling the aisles.  If there is no battery today, and I doubt there will be, I will go back over the weekend and try to take better photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment