"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Things People Do, Part II

Sitting in the boarding area, waiting for my flight to London, when I noticed first the odor of baby oil, followed quickly by the odor of effluvia. Yes indeed, solid bodily waste. Baby poop. Sure enough, directly across from me a woman was changing her baby's diaper, lifting her baby's butt high in the air as she wiped that little butt clean. What?  Why there?  They have tables in the restrooms for changing babies. Generally, other people don't walk or sit or put their luggage on those tables. 

Moreover, one expects to encounter certain smells in restrooms, because that's where smelly events involving bodily waste take place.  Courtesy dictates that whenever you can, you confine those activities to the proper place. 

I am a curmudgeon. I would apologize, but curmudgeons never apologize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment