"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Dushanbe

I made it to Dushanbe in decent time. I will post more today about the sights and so on, but I thought I should get something up to let everyone know where I am. 

Also, I am keeping an eye on the events as they unfold in the Ukraine, and the mounting tension between the U.S. and Russia. If the situation becomes such that riding alone through Russia becomes too risky, I will leave the moto in Osh, Kyrgyzstan, and fly home from there. 


This is what Southeast Uzbekistan looks like. 



And this young man stopped by to say hello while I was stopped by the side of the road in Dushanbe. 







2 comments:

  1. Fascinating terrain. Glad you are watching the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, this may post twice..
    What I posted was:
    The middle picture looks a lot like the fossil beds in John Day OR
    And...love you and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete