"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Repair & Maintenance

Today I was going to tidy up a few things on the bike, then go see Samarkand. One thing led to another on the bike, and since I had the tools out, I just kept on. I wound up repairing the console fairing and the front left turn signal, which required taking both apart, and topping off the coolant and replacing the air filter, which require the removal of both front covers. 

There was a lot more tightening, revising the load, discarding, etc. I probably discarded another five pounds or so, maybe more, certainly not less. Since it was only 85 F, it wasn't bad as heat went, but I got a little burned because of taking the Cipro. 

At the end of the day, the moto is tighter and a little leaner. Still more to go I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment