"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Monday, July 14, 2014

Feeling Better

I am feeling better, and hope to leave Bukhara tomorrow. I've seen what I wanted to see, and I think I'm okay to ride. The road to Samarkand is through a valley, and it's not so far. Only 280 kilometers or 175 miles. With a bad road, of course, that could still take 7-8 hours. 

This morning I went to the bank that has an ATM for MasterCard. The machine was out of order!  This could be a problem, as I need done cash. Nonetheless, I was able to see some of modern Bukhara, and it is very nice, quite modern looking, cosmopolitan even. 

After that, I strolled through the Ark of Bukhara and its museums, and back through some madrasahs and mosques to the hotel. Along the way I stopped at the Silk Road Tea House for some ginger tea. I thought it might help the old stomach along. It was a very dark, cool place. 


The tea was served with sweets, and they were very tasty. 


I'm going to go try another cash machine. Hope this works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment