"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

How Much, I Asked, Is The Fine?

I knew there must be a way to get out of the country by paying money to the government.  And there is.  I found this on the UK website advising their citizens not to overstay their AZ visas:

"If you overstay you can obtain an ‘Exit Permit’ letter (an official letter giving permission to leave Azerbaijan within 48 hours) from the State Migration Service before you depart. You will be liable to a fine of between AZN300 to AZN400 (you should get a receipt)."

So I can pay money to leave.  That sounds about right.   

If there is no boat tomorrow, I will wait and go to the Migration Service (I feel like a wildebeest on the edge of the Mara River!) on the next morning and pay my fine and get my exit letter. 

However, I have also read that there is no fine if I leave within 48 hours of the expiration date.  Hmmm.  Perhaps I must investigate further . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment