"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bremen, The Tour

It was wet, windy, and cold when I finished breakfast, but the forecast was for clearing and sunshine. I decided to visit the old town of Bremen. 

Those who are uptodate on German Fairy Tales recall the story of The Musicians of Bremen. Here they are. 


Right outside the door to the Rathaus. 


Another side of said Rathaus with the church behind it. 


By the way, the sun did not come out. The Itsy Bitsy Spider never made it back up the waterspout. 

I became fascinated with the doors. Here are a few. 






And my favorite:


The churches have decorations on the buildings. Since we are near Easter, here are two of the crucifixion of Christ. 



There is major renovation going on downtown. The new sits side by side with the old. On the edge of the Marketplatz, upon which the Rathaus and Church sit, are a Starbucks and a McDonald's. Not too far away is a Subway. 

When I left, I was relying on Mr. Garmin to help me clear the old town area. Instead, he took me down the trolley tracks. Whoops!  I yelled "J'suis Americain!" Out the window, thereby blaming it on the French. They're good for it. . .







1 comment:

  1. Love the pics of the doors. Mr Garmin has it in for you I think.

    ReplyDelete