"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Heidelberg

If you were following the SPOT track, you saw that it stopped. Mrs. Spot decided to take a nap, too. Of course she takes lithium batteries. I tried finding them in camera stores in Worms without success. 

This morning, I strolled (I could have sauntered, but strolling seemed more suitable for Heidelberg) to the train station. I found a drug store down a dark hallway, the door to which was jammed with loitering youth. I finally found the batteries I needed for 2.50 euros each. Next time I bring my own. 

Outside the train station and across the street is this:


I'm sure it has local significance. There are also seas of parked bicycles with their very own parking attendant. 


This is less than a quarter of the bikes parked here. 

Next up, The Schloss. 


1 comment:

  1. 2 beautiful weeks in Heidelberg. If the stress of waiting for the bike gets too much, a trip to Baden Baden is in order to visit a spa. Trust me - all the worries go away.

    ReplyDelete