"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hannover

I made it to Hannover on time, and arrived at my hotel a little after midnight. 


It was right at the airport, which is conveniently on a rail line that connects with the main train station in downtown Hannover. After just a few hours sleep I got up, cleaned up, and took the 7:06 train to Hannover, where I grabbed a 1st class ticket on the 7:45 train to Bremen. I was served coffee by the ticket lady. 


The train seemed to top out at 155 km/hr according to the display in the car. Really quiet, smooth, pleasant. Probably as pleasant a ride as I will have on this trip. 

When I arrived early at Hertz, they were thrown off. Apparently I am supposed to be on time, neither early nor late. So I came away with a bigger car that is dented and noisy. After being on the highway, I understand the dents. But before I left Bremen, I had breakfast at the truck stop next to the Hertz office. 


I couldn't finish it. Apparently they received Meredith's broadcast to the world to serve me salad with every meal, as there it was. 

The rest of the day is a blur, as I was, and still am, tired. I was stopping in rest areas  often to close my eyes and try to nap. I finally did sleep for an hour, but that only made it better for about 30 minutes. So I got out the trusty iPhone, opened Kayak, and picked a hotel. 

Luckily I had the GPS. Otherwise, I don't think I would have found it. It's a classic. I will post some photos of it tomorrow.  I hope. To give you an idea of what's to come, here is a photo taken on the way. 


Bucolic, simply bucolic.  Unfortunately, the restaurant is closed tonight, and since  too tired to venture out, I will fast tonight and have breakfast at 7:00 at the hotel. 





No comments:

Post a Comment