"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Thursday, April 17, 2014

I Have The Bike

This has been an interesting day. Customs would not accept my liability insurance papers, insisting that it must be German. So €105 in fees, two and a half hours, plus €60 in cab fare, I was back at Customs. 45 minutes later I had my papers. At 3:40 I was able to walk to the bike. At 7:20 I was on the road. 

The bike did not want to go back together easily. Every thing had to be tugged and persuaded and it was just a long dirty struggle. And someone decided to drain all the gas, even though the shipper allowed 1 gallon in it. So after getting gas, and reconnecting the battery, it fired right up. Sounded beautiful. 

Loading it was an issue, as I haven't really sorted that all out. I kind of look like Jed Clampett of the Beverly Hillbillies driving down the road. 



Pretty funny looking, yes?

It is all put away for the night, and I'm waiting for some food. I look forward to some riding now. 



2 comments:

  1. YaY! Smooth sailing (rolling?) from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous new. I would say let the adventure begin, but I think it already has. Looking forward to hearing about the ride.

    ReplyDelete