"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

More Delay

The bike is supposed to arrive now on Saturday, the 12th. That's a day late, but it also means that I probably won't be able to actually pick it up until Wednesday. There is also another issue with customs, so I'm going to try and figure that out on Friday. 

I hope it doesn't cost as much as they say it will cost. They want to charge me duty as though I'm importing it. That would run about 30%. I'm not liking that. Maybe I should have bought the thing a round trip ticket!

2 comments:

  1. Finally! Figured it out. Just finished reading through your pre-trip and current blogs. Very jealous. Love the trip. I think I subscribed to your posts so I'm looking forward to your daily blogs. Unlike the pretentious sailing "blog" (i.e. advertisement for a book to somehow declare the trip as a tax write-off), your trip is actually interesting and informative. You might be done thinking about the law, but I'm guessing you are going to get a chance to see the various cultural definitions of "due process". Hopefully not first hand. Have a great adventure! Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, I plan to taunt you like the french swine that you are! (evil laugh)

    ReplyDelete