"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Friday, April 11, 2014

Bremen

I'm in Bremen, waiting for the motorcycle. I went to the shipping agent today, and they told me maybe this weekend the ship will arrive, and maybe I can get the bike on Wednesday. But only if Schumacher releases the hold they have on it. 

So I emailed Schumacher to ask what is going on, but they are 10 hours behind so I won't hear from them for several more hours. And of course, the person I need is on vacation until Tuesday. It is anybody's guess when I will ever get the bike released. 

But the good news is I have the Russian and Tajikistan visas, and the application is with Uzbekistan now. After that is Kazakhstan and I think that is the last one. 

The other good news is that I stopped in at Hertz to get the car rental extended. I was helped by a great guy, I think his name is Martin, and got it extended without any problems. It was a very pleasant transaction. I've found the individuals I've met and interacted with to be quite nice. Their English is certainly better than my 14 words of German. 

I will be staying in Bremen until I get the bike so I can deal with the details as they arise. And they will surely arise. That's okay, I have time to deal with them. I hope I have the patience as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment