"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Bike Is Still In Hamburg

It is now due to arrive here at 8:00 April 17. I am told I may pick it up between 1:00 and 2:00 that day, but only if it has cleared customs. 

I sent an email about that, but haven't heard back yet. That means I will have to drive down to the docks again to talk to the guy. But only after I go to Hertz and extend the car one more day. 

But one day closer to the adventure (if we're not already in it)!

My only actual concern is that this Friday is Good Friday, which many people take as a holiday here, and the roads will be crowded. My highest rated risk on this trip is other drivers. I had hoped to start in mid-week so I could get to a less populated area for Easter weekend. That's not going to happen now, so I'll make some lemonade instead. 

More tomorrow as we drag closer to the inevitable moment when Customs and the shipping company are forced to relinquish the bike to me. Keep in mind that I have to put it back together by myself, and probably jump start it as the battery will be deader than a rock. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you are already on an adventure. Just not the one you had in mind.

    ReplyDelete