"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's lethal." - Paul Coelho

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

La Belle France

Just a note to let you know I am alive. Fantastic riding out of Germany, through Luxembourg and into France. Some rain yesterday. If you followed the tracks, you saw me riding in circles looking for a place to stay. I did, a funky place about which I will write later. 

I am in a pizza joint in Langres, and they have free wifi which I am using to get this out. Right now it smells like it's on fire. . .

Finding gas and food is more difficult here so far than in Germany, and the language barrier is greater. Navigation is better today now that I've figured out their signage. Their Rue Nationale are better than the B roads in Germany, too. 

One more thing before I get back to my tuna fish and fried egg pizza (how in the world did I order that? It's okay, but what the ?), and that is this:  riding a motorcycle brings the world through which in very close contact with each of your senses. In the country through which I've been riding, are many herds of cattle, the "output" which the farmers use to fertilize their fields. The odor kept reminding me of some thing in my past. Then I remembered: there are so many bulls in the herds that it smells just like a courtroom!

Bon soir!

No comments:

Post a Comment